Irregular periods can be quite bothersome for some of the women and there are several reasons that can contribute to this condition. Many of the women suffer from heavy and too frequent periods which interrupts their day to day life and treating the condition at the right time will not only help them to be relieved of these symptoms but will also support them to get on with their normal life and enjoy their regular schedule.
Women who frequently suffer from irregular periods should not ignore the problem as there might be deeper and serious causes behind this condition. Women should certainly take serious note of this condition and they can treat this problem through lifestyle changes, alternative medicine and through drugs and surgery.
1) Lifestyle Changes Firstly, women should start treating the problem of irregular periods by bringing about positive changes in their lifestyle as irregular periods can be caused due to the way you are living out your life. Bringing about lifestyle adjustments will certainly help to give you a great self-discipline while at the same time they are cost free and are risk free. Lifestyle adjustments that will aid to solve the problem of irregular periods are:
- Regular exercising
- Reduce refined carbohydrates in your diet
- Increase your daily nutritional intake by using a multivitamin, magnesium or calcium supplements. Fish oil supplement should also be used daily.
- Intake of caffeine and alcohol should be reduced to the minimum.
- Yoga and meditation can act as a great stress relief.
- Adequate intake of water is essential.
- You should include at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables in your daily meals.
2) Alternative Medicine There are several therapies which are available for treating irregular periods and herbal supplements is one of the prominent methods in this aspect. This treatment uses natural herbs which will help to stimulate the normal production of hormones in the body. Acupuncture is also a fine method used for treating irregular periods which makes use of fine needles that are inserted into the energy pathways of the body which will in turn cure hormonal imbalances. There are effective massages which will help to relax the body and also keeps stress away. Homeopathy is also widely used nowadays wherein which it aims to stimulate the defense and healing mechanism of the body.
3) Drugs and surgery In case you are suffering from endometriosis or uterine fibroids, then you can resort to drugs and surgery whereby which you can remove the problem of irregular periods from its root.